The Tumbler Ridge Community Services Department manages the leisure services for the District. The department is responsible for providing a wide range of leisure opportunities to the residents so that they may lead healthy, active, productive lives.
The department manages the 89,000 squre foot recreation center including an arena, curling rink, weight room, courts, aquatic center, youth center, seniors center, concession, day care, library, meeting rooms, and offices.
The department also manages the 9 hole Tumbler Ridge Golf and Country Club including pro-shop and a leased restaurant.
The department oversee's janitorial services for all community owned buildings in Tumbler Ridge.
We strive to benefit the community through continual efforts to improve our services, having trained qualified staff, operating efficiently, increasing usage, maintaining contact with other leisure professionals, building on special event programs, and enhancing overall building opportunities.
Some of the specific functions of the department include:
- Offering a variety of leisure opportunities that will appeal to all demographics within our community
- Building on special events such as Canada Day, Grizfest, the Terry Fox Run, Easter, Halloween, Christmas and Community Registration Night
- District liaison services for non–profit groups and organizations
- Compilation and distribution of quarterly leisure programming brochures
- District Co-chair of the Occupational Health and Safety Program.
BCRPA – British Columbia Recreation Parks Association
RFABC – Recreation Facilities Association British Columbia
NBCRA – Northern British Columbia Recreation Association